Mediterranean beef tart. Mediterranean beef tart A delightful tart, full of flavor that just impresses. If you want to make the meal a bit heartier, simply add some boiled new potatoes with butter and fresh herbs to the menu. Roll the excess puff pastry dough around the circumference or periphery of the pan to form a rim.
In a bowl stir together the undrained tomatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Flour your counter top and roll out the puff pastry using a rolling pin. Would you like any pork in the recipe? You can cook Mediterranean beef tart using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean beef tart
- You need of tart: basic pizza dough recipe.
- You need 2 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 1 of packet quick rise yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of warm water.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of tart filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of red onion/ sliced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper / sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of each, salt and pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 8 oz of crumbled feta.
Steak tartare is a meat dish made from raw ground (minced) beef or horse meat. It is usually served with onions, capers, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, often presented to the diner separately, to be added for taste. It is often served with a raw egg yolk on top of the dish. Yotam Ottolenghi's Mediterranean Feast, the first series, is an introduction to the cuisines of the southern and eastern Mediterranean.
Mediterranean beef tart step by step
- Prepare dough.
- proof yeast with sugar in water. let it come to a foam..
- combine flour, oil salt. knead to make soft ball. place in lightly oiled bowl and cover 20 minutes..
- cook beef, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper together until beef is no longer pink..
- stir in salt and pepper and half of feta. set aside..
- on lightly floured surface roll dough into a 15" by 12" rectangle. transfer to a parchment paper lined baking tray. Cut edges to get perfect measurement. Its important for the presentation..
- spoon beef mixture over dough within 2" of edge. fold up edges leaving center exposed..
- bake in a preheated 425°F oven for15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. slide tart on parchment to a cooling rack..
- sprinkle with rest of feta and a drizzle of olive oil. let it rest for five minutes and slice..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Exploring Turkish, Tunisian, Israeli and Moroccan flavours. Italian yogurt ice cream from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen. Salted caramel and chocolate cream profiteroles from The Happy Foodie. Chocolate ganache and raspberry caramel shortbread tart from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen. French pear tart (or Tarte Bourdaloue) from Crafty Baking Honey panna cotta from Tidy Mom This Mediterranean tart is a great winter warmer dish, full of taste and vegetables.