Salisbury Steak. There's a homeless guy who lives at our local dog park. He's a valuable member of our Anyway, the story of this Salisbury Steak recipe is that I regularly take hot meals down to him. Salisbury Steak – TV Dinner Style – Food Wishes.
This super savory meal is best served with a side of cream cheese mashed potatoes and some smashed broccoli. It was named after its inventor, the renowned American physician James Henry Salisbury. Tender, juicy beef patties in creamy mushroom gravy. You can have Salisbury Steak using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- You need 1 envelope of dry onion soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- It’s 2 tbs of milk.
- It’s 2 packets of beef ramen flavoring.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of hot water.
- It’s of Pepper.
Serve Salisbury Steak patties over mashed potatoes. Salisbury steak is named after the physician who invented it; a tasty hamburger "steak" that is low in carbohydrates. Salisbury steak is usually served with mashed potatoes and whole kernel corn. Classic Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy!
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Mix ground beef, onion soup, oatmeal, eggs, and milk. Form 4 oval shaped patties..
- In a frying pan with oil, brown patties on both sides. Then remove from pan.
- Leaving 1 tbs of fat in the pan, add butter. Melt. Add flour. Cook til bubbling..
- Meanwhile add beef flavoring to hot water. Add to pan. Put patties back in pan. Boil til sauce thickens and patties are cooked through. Flip patties half way..
It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet. Just like mom used to make. Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. Salisbury steak is credited to Dr. Salisbury, who served the earliest version of the dish to soldiers during the Civil War (he recommended minced beef, along with broth, as a cure for digestive aliments).