Moussaka – quick one pan. A very traditional Greek Moussaka recipe made with thick layers of eggplant, beef in tomato sauce, topped with béchamel sauce. Well, I like to think they do. This moussaka is a cheat's quick version.
After five minutes turn the heat up and add the lamb to brown it, then add the. First, Prepare The Aubergines For The Greek Moussaka Recipe – First you need to do a little I usually roast the eggplant simply because the baking tray is much bigger than the frying pan and I If you want a quick moussaka try using a ready made white sauce together with the leftovers from a. Lightly grease a pan with oil, and grill the eggplants until they begin to change colour and soften. You can cook Moussaka – quick one pan using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moussaka – quick one pan
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 grams of minced lamb.
- Prepare 1 of large aubergine sliced, then salted on paper, then rinsed, then chared.
- It’s 1/2 jar of passata.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 2 tbsp of heaped cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tin of baby potatoes (optional).
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- Prepare 3 tsp of diced garlic… can be squeeze garlic.
- Prepare Splash of white wine.
- You need 1 handful of Chopped mint.
- You need 2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 block of feta cheese crumbled.
- You need of plenty of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Sugar (optional this is to taste subject the sweetness of the tomatoes you need to taste at the end if its bitter add sugar).
- You need 2 of beef oxo cubes crumbled in.
Make our easy moussaka for an instant crowd pleaser. Heat a frying pan over a high heat. A moussaka without the faff of a béchamel sauce. Rich and delicious – one for the Dinner-Party MOB.
Moussaka – quick one pan instructions
- Use a large frying pan or wok, add the oil and the onion and garlic start to brown, once softened add the mince beef, start to brown, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon. turn up the heat to medium high. Now add the tomato puree, and passata. give it a good stir add the herbs. Save some mint for decoration later..
- Add a splash of wine, and the potatoes, slice the aubergines and add them too! Don't forget the stock.. Bring to a good simmer adding the salt and pepper and the rest of the ingredients. If you have time you can simmer it for longer, longer the better but this is a fantastic mid week meal..
- Simmer for 10 – 15 mins, taste adjust the seasoning, crumble the feta cheese over the top, then place under the grill until brown. Serve with salad, crusty bread, its up to you ! Enjoy.
Finely chop the onions and cloves of garlic. Fry in a large sauce pan until soft and add your lamb mince. I think this is the quickest moussaka recipe I have ever cooked. One trick that I have come up with is to sautée the vegetables and ground beef before they go in the oven. This quick and simple moussaka recipe is also healthy – I used only vegetables, ground beef, eggs.