Tex Mex Skillet. Once hot, add ground beef and onion. It's oh-so cheesy, and you can control the amount of spice to fit your family's tastes. I found this recipe from The Cookie Rookie at some point last spring, while searching for recipes that featured queso.
Then stir in the water, taco mix, and Ranch mix. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook meat, bell pepper, and garlic, until meat is lightly browned. Stir in frozen corn, beans, water, and spices. You can cook Tex Mex Skillet using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex Skillet
- It’s 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 can of (16 ounce) red kidney beans.
- Prepare 16 oz of jar salsa (I used medium for more heat).
- You need 1 cup of quick cooking rice (I used instant brown rice).
- You need 3/4 cup of water (may need a little more).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of corn chips (Fritos) for topping.
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping (optional).
Add the brown rice and a pinch of salt. Return the rice to a boil then place the lid on and turn down to a simmer. This Tex-Mex skillet can be used as a taco filling or try it over rice or your favorite whole grain. Tex Mex Ground Beef Skillet This tex-mex ground beef skillet is a perfect easy weeknight dinner.
Tex Mex Skillet step by step
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger, drain..
- Mix in seasonings with the ground beef, adjust to your tastes. Cumin isn't hot but it gives a nice almost smoky flavor. I used taco seasoning, but chili powder would be good too..
- Add to the skillet, salsa, undrained beans, uncooked rice, water, and green peppers, and stir to combine..
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until rice is done. (If when stirring you notice most of the liquid is gone, and the rice isn't done, add some more water).
- Top with shredded cheese, cover and heat until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes longer..
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips..
Use your favorite veggies, like black beans, Rotel tomatoes, corn, and rice for a hearty and flavorful dinner. It's quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner and uses simple ingredients, like rice, ground beef, veggies, and seasonings. To stretch this meal I like to add a garden salad or even a zesty wedge salad on the side. Tex Mex Skillet Casserole This simple one dish meal contains all the flavors of Mexico, including a spicy mixture of frozen crumbles, onion, garlic, refried beans, and taco sauce is layered over a combination of a creamy sauce and elbow macaroni. Enjoy our great tasting Tex-Mex Skillet any time of the day.