Quick Steak & Kidney Pie.
You can have Quick Steak & Kidney Pie using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Steak & Kidney Pie
- You need 800 g of steak and kidney, proportions according to taste.
- You need 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 850 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef gravy granules.
- Prepare 500 g of Jus-Rol chilled shortcrust pastry.
Quick Steak & Kidney Pie step by step
- Put the meat, onion and gravy into the pressure cooker, bring to pressure and then cook for 25 minutes. Allow to cool..
- Grease a pie dish. Divide the pastry one third/two thirds. Pre-heat oven time Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent, probably 180C but 160C on my Circotherm..
- Roll out the larger piece of pastry and use it to line the dish, including rim..
- Season meat to taste, then use a slotted spoon to separate it from the gravy and place it on the pie..
- Roll out the remaining pastry and use to cover the pie, crimping the two layers of pastry edges together. Make three small nicks in the lid of the pie to allow steam to escape..
- Put the pie into the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until it looks cooked..
- When the pie is nearly ready, heat the gravy in a saucepan and add beef gravy granules to thicken..
- Serve with new potatoes and vegetables of your choice. Carrots and something green go well..