Mike's Hobo Pork Stew.
You can cook Mike's Hobo Pork Stew using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Hobo Pork Stew
- It’s of Pork Roast.
- It’s 3 lb of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast [frozen or raw].
- You need 3 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 can of 14.5 oz Hunts Diced Tomatoes [use all fluids].
- You need 1 large of Elephant Clove Garlic [smashed – or 6 smaller cloves].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Onion Powder – Kitchen Bouquet – Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Each: Sea Salt – Black Pepper.
- You need 1 large of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 1 packages of 15 oz McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- It’s 10 medium of Potatoes [washed – peeled or unpeeled – halved].
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baby Carrots [halved].
- It’s 2 medium of White Onions [quartered].
- Prepare 4 stalk of Fresh Celery [1" chop with all leaves].
- Prepare 1 can of Green Beans [drained – optional].
- Prepare 1/2 can of Whole Kernel Corn [drained – optional].
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 large of Cooking Pot [with lid].
- You need 1 of Pair Kitchen Shears.
- You need 1 of Slotted Spoon.
- Prepare 1 of Ladle.
Mike's Hobo Pork Stew step by step
- ° Mix everything in the Pork Roast section except for 1 box broth. Save that for later. ° Crush garlic but, leave it in larger chunks so you can pull it out later along with the bay leaf. ° Mix well, bring broth to a boil and allow roast to simmer for several hours covered. Or, until roast has fully tenderized and you can cut or tear it apart easily. Add broth as needed throughout simmer. ° Flip roast once during simmer..
- Chop all vegetables. Place potatoes, celery and onions in cold water to keep them from browning or limping if, chopping early. Drain vegetables prior to adding to your simmering pot..
- Once pork roast has tenderized, pull crushed garlic and bay leaf out with slotted spoon. Cut up roast with kitchen shears or a large knife while still in broth pot..
- Add all drained vegetables to the meat and broth and stir..
- Add water if additional fluid is needed to cover vegetables. But, add as little water as you'll need. Simmer stew covered for 35 to 40 minutes longer. Or, until vegetables are soft. Meaning: a knife can easily penetrate your potatoes and carrots. Stir carefully and occasionally. You don't want to break up your potatoes. ;0).
- At this point I'll taste test my stew. Since flavors can dissapate with long simmer times, I'll usually add additional garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and sea salt to taste..
- Serve with warm bread. In fact, if you want a crazy easy recipe for that, try my 5 minute bread recipe posted below. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351128-mikes-5-min-garlic-parmesan-bread.