Double Wide Hunters Stew.
You can have Double Wide Hunters Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Wide Hunters Stew
- It’s 1 of beef chuck roast.
- It’s 9 of petite red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion.
- You need 1 of small bag baby carrots.
- It’s 2 lb of carton beef stock.
- Prepare 2 packets of beef stew gravy (storebought).
- You need 1 packet of beef soup seasoning powder.
- You need 1 can of beer.
- It’s of Black peppercorn grinder.
- You need of Balsamic vinegar.
Double Wide Hunters Stew step by step
- As always, prep all your ingredients. Always wash the vegetables!! My veggies came out of prepackaged bags and I still washed them! Remove 'eyes' from potatoes (The little wart looking bumps) with peeler but DO NOT peel potatoes. We're leaving them skin on for this dish. I cut the petite potatoes into 1/4's but you can do 1/8's if you want them smaller. Leave baby carrots as is. Chop onion into large pieces. I cut about 1 inch discs and then cut the discs in half. The idea is for all the veggies to be left in large chunks..
- I used my 6 qt. crockpot for this. The crockpot is important for this dish, I don't know how well it would turn out on the stovetop. Pour about 1/2 of the beef stock into the crockpot. Turn on high. Now we prepare the beef roast. On a large enough plate or whatever will fit the whole thing, cover in balsamic vinegar. Don't drown it, just enough to cover it evenly. Flip it a couple times, massage that stuff into the meat. Now do the same with about half of your beef soup seasoning powder. Massage massage massage. Now let that sit on the plate for a minute. We'll come back for it..
- Add the can of beer to the stock in the crockpot. Now add the potatoes, carrots and onions. Now the rest of the beef soup seasoning. Let all that mingle in the crock for about ten minutes, still on high..
- Go back to your beautiful beef roast full of balsamic and spice that's been sitting, pick it up, and drop the whole thing right into the middle of the crockpot. Do not cut it, do not do anything but the balsamic and spice massage, and drop it whole into the liquid in the crock. This is where it differs from traditional beef stew. This is HUNTERS stew baby! Now add the packets of beef stew gravy and a liberal amount of cracked black pepper. Leave uncovered, stirring gently every 10 mins of so for about a half hour. Just to heat everything well..
- Now cover for about 5-6 hours on high. Stirring and flipping the roast once an hour..
- When it's done, the way to serve is another difference from beef stew. Just pull large chunks off the roast with your spoon (don't worry, it's tender enough to not need a knife) and serve in the middle of a bowlful of the juice and veggies like the picture above. The flavor really opens up if you break up the meat a little and stir it in before eating. It's delicious! I'm going to eat some for dinner tonight! I can't wait!!.