Hauff Brau Stew.
You can cook Hauff Brau Stew using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hauff Brau Stew
- Prepare 2-3 pounds of Chuck roast, cubed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- You need 4 of potatoes, diced.
- You need 2 cups of baby carrots.
- You need 1 cup of celery, sliced.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 4 of small garlic cloves, peeled.
- It’s 1 can (6 oz) of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 packet of crockpot beef seasonings.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
Hauff Brau Stew instructions
- Toss the garlic salt and pepper with the raw chuck roast cubes..
- Heat the bacon drippings in a hot skillet. Sear the meat cubes on all sides..
- In a large slow cooker add the carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, and garlic..
- Transfer the seared meat cubes to the slow cooker..
- Whisk together 2 cups of the water and the tomato paste till the consistency is even. Then add the beef seasoning and whisk again till the consistency is even..
- Pour the sauce over the meat and veggies. Add the rest of the water (3 cups) and stir everything together..
- Set your crock pot for 8 hours on low or 5 hours for high..
- 15 minutes before you want to eat add the peas and stir well..
- Serve hot in sourdough bread bowls or with cornbread. Enjoy!.