Easy Country Pot Roast. Today I am cooking at home and making tender juicy pot roast. This is a riff off of my Tia's recipe and it's easy to make. This good old-fashioned pot roast is served with a rich gravy made from the cooking juices and the vegetables simmered with the meat.
This pot roast seasoning is a perfect mix of savory and sweet. The garlic and onion seasoning in this dry rub are traditionally found in pot roast recipes, but using a little. Jump to the Easy Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. You can cook Easy Country Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Country Pot Roast
- Prepare 1 (4 pound) of beef chuck roast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Bacon drippings (or olive oil).
- It’s 1 of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Baby carrots.
- It’s 10 of small Potatoes.
- Prepare 10 of Pearl onions.
- Prepare 3 of Parsnips, cut in 1 inch strips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Pot Roast or stew seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 3 cups of water.
Pot roast is more of a method than a specific cut of meat. To make it, sear a large cut of beef until browned on all sides, and then cook it with aromatics like herbs, onions, carrots, and broth until it's. Use some additional water if it is to cook that long. This has to be the easiest way to make pot roast.
Easy Country Pot Roast step by step
- Sprinkle the roast with garlic salt and pepper..
- Melt the bacon drippings in a large frying pan on high heat..
- Gently place the roast in the pan..
- Sear all sides of the roast including the edges..
- Holding the lid over the majority of the pan, quickly pour in 3 cups of water. Steam will be hot..
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer for 4 hours..
- An hour before you want to eat, add all the veggies. Arrange them around the meat so they are mostly covered with broth..
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over everything, cover and turn up the heat to medium low..
- Divide the meat into chunks after 30 minutes so the broth can flavor the meaty morsels even more..
- Simmer for an hour, allow to sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
Today I'm going to give you a basic shredded pot roast recipe and show you three easy meals to make with it. I realize that not all of you have a pressure cooker, so I'll give slow cooker directions as well. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper. The best tags are ones that the general public finds useful — e.g., Simple, Vegan, Chocolate, Easy, Advance, etc. Pot roast predates the modern range and likely originated when hearth cooking was common.