Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup. I'm enjoying a mug-full as I type this. A delicious slow cooked keto Italian Meatball Minestrone Soup Recipe that is loaded with flavour. Easy to prepare and is sure to be a family favourite.
This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! Minestrone soup with meatballs is a rich and hearty twist on classic minestrone, filled with tender beef meatballs, veggies, white beans, and fresh herbs! It has been an unusually cool and rainy January here in Florida this year, and although I feel sorry for all the tourists visiting Between the meat, beans, and pasta, this soup becomes a complete meal in a bowl. You can cook Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup
- Prepare of meatballs.
- You need 4 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 medium of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of envelopes Lipton onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of soup base.
- You need 3 box of beef broth (32 oz. each).
- It’s 2 box of chicken broth (32 oz. each).
- You need 46 oz of spicy vegetable juice (V8).
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of port wine.
- It’s of other ingredients.
- It’s 1 box of (11 oz.) barley (quick-cooking barley works).
- It’s 2 packages of (5 each) sweet Italian sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces.
- It’s 2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3 large of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of baby carrots, cut into thirds.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 2 can of (16 oz.) green beans.
- You need 2 can of (16 oz.) kidney beans.
- You need 2 cup of fresh or frozen corn.
- Prepare of garnish.
- It’s 1 of Crutons.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Just serve with some crusty Italian bread and perhaps a crisp. Filled with vegetables and homemade beef meatballs, this minestrone soup will become a family favorite on cold weeknights. This meatball minestrone is a friend and family favorite. It's even better the next day, if there's any left over!
Maggie's Magnificent Meatball Minestrone Soup instructions
- In large bowl, mix together the meatball ingredients. Shape into bite-sized meatballs (I use a small cookie dough scoop) and place in baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Drain excess fat..
- Pour soup base ingredients into HUGE (7.5 quart) stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the barley, carrots, bell peppers, beans, and corn. Stir then cover..
- In large electric skillet, heat 2 T. vegetable oil. Add onions and fry for about 15 minutes, then add the sausage and fry another 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir, and cook 10 minutes more. Add this mixture to your pot of soup, add the prepared meatballs, stir, cover and simmer several hours until carrots are tender..
Serve with crusty bread and Parmesan cheese to top the soup. Minestrone soup with meatballs is my hearty and warming take on traditional minestrone soup. Brimming with juicy and tender beef meatballs, lots of flavorful vegetables, creamy white beans and an array of fresh Italian herbs, it's a terrifically soothing one-pot meal! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic!