Poori. Poori is a Indian fried bread made with whole wheat flour & salt. Gently slide the puri from the side to the hot oil. If you have used flour, do.
Puri is around puffed unleavened deep-fried Indian bread, commonly eaten for breakfast or as a light meal. Usually served with a delicious curry or bhaji. The poori which I made here is absolutely soft and puffy and this can be achieved without any Roll the dough into small circular shaped disc. You can cook Poori using 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poori
- It’s 1 cup of Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Oil for frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare of Potato Masala for Puri.
- It’s 4 of Potato Medium (boiled and mashed).
- Prepare 1 of Onion Large (sliced).
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes (chopped).
- Prepare 3 of Green Chilies (sliced).
- It’s 1 inch of Ginger piece (grated).
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds –.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ullutham Paruppu.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Asafetida.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare as needed of Curry leaves.
- You need as needed of Cilantro to garnish.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil.
Puri recipe (poori recipe) – the classic, south Indian breakfast, perfect for weekends and special occasions. Learn how to make perfect puffy poori. I am posting some basic recipes here. Ajwain Poori: Also known as namak ajwain poori, in this variation a teaspoon of ajwain (carom Methi Poori: The addition of fresh fenugreek leaves or kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) in the dough.
Poori step by step
- Making dough: Take whole wheat atta and salt in a bowl and mix well..
- Add a teaspoon of oil and mix well with your fingertips, so everything is incorporated well.
- Now add little water at a time and start kneading the dough. It should be smooth and tight (NOT SOFT like roti or chapati dough)..
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes..
- Making puris: After resting time knead the dough once again to smooth out.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal sized portions, Make smooth ball out of it..
- Flatten it out between your palm and make disc. Keep those discs covered with kitchen towel..
- Now roll intp 2-3 inch diameter circle. It should not be too thin or too thick..
- Roll few pooris and keep them in a plate, also keep them covered with kitchen napkin..
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot slice one poori into hot oil..
- By very gentle pressure using back of slotted spatula fry them. It will help poori to puff up..
- Then flip it. Fry the other side until it is light golden brown in colour..
- Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate..
- Fry all the pooris same way and serve..
- Instructions for Potato Masala Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and then mash it with a fork or a potato masher. Do not mash it too fine..
- Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a pan and add the seasonings ; mustard seeds, urad dal, asafetida, curry leaves). Then add the onions, green chilies and ginger. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes, along with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook for about 5-7 mins..
- Now add the mashed potatoes and about a cup of water and let it simmer for about 10 mins. Depending on your preference, the consistency can either be thick or you can dilute it by adding more water. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with pooris..
Poori is a crispy, golden deep-fried Indian bread that can be served with any dish, whether You can make poori with ingredients easily found in a typical grocery store, and you may already have them in. Poori is a very popular Indian fried Flat bread. The best accompaniment for poori is potato masala or aloo bhaji. Today we will learn how to prepare puri following our easy recipe. Poori/Puri is an yummy Indian breakfast recipe that is loved by all irrespective of their ages.