Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup. A delicious French classic, chicken cordon bleu is made of chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. Fall has still not shown its face here in South Florida. My husband has memories of trick-or-treating in a big winter jacket so your Halloween costume wasn't really even seen.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is a rich and cheesy soup that warms you from the inside out. The best part is that this dish can easily be made quickly on the stove top or it can simmer all day in the slow. ▼ Please see the recipe below for ingredient amounts. ▼ Today I present a low carb twist on a French classic – chicken cordon bleu soup. Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup reminds me of my Lasagna Soup in that it boasts all the flavors of your favorite meal without all the work – winning! You can have Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- It’s 4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 1 lb of Skinless boneless chicken cutlets.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Ham steak.
- You need 1 of Chive and onion cream cheese softened.
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup is not only the answer to your ham leftovers but to your weeknight dinner dilemma! My EASY Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. All the flavour, all the crunch, healthier and far easier! Served with an incredible Dijon cream sauce.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup instructions
- Place 1 tablespoon of the milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl..
- Add chicken pieces toss to coat.
- Add breadcrumbs press to coat set aside.
- In a 4 quart sauce pan heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat.
- Add flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook stirring 2 to 3 minutes until thick n golden brown.
- Slowly stream in remaining milk beating constantly with whisk.
- Stir in diced ham steak.
- Heat just to simmering then reduce to low and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- In a 10 inch skillet heat olive oil add breadcrumb crusted chicken.
- Cook until no longer pink.
- Add chicken to soup mix together.
- Spoon into bowl server and Enjoy!.
Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, coated with crunchy golden breadcrumbs. You'd swear it's fried – but it's baked. Add about half of it to the soup to thicken it, then add more until the consistency is what you want. Chicken cordon bleu is a dish where chicken is stuffed with ham and melted cheese, coated in breadcrumbs and fried or baked until golden brown and crispy and I was thinking that it's flavours would make for one tasty soup! Given that there was going to be ham in the soup I couldn't think of a good.