Roasted Tomato Basil Soup. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! You'll never want to go back to the canned stuff after you try this.
This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil and a fair amount of garlic. The best roasted tomato basil soup recipe on the internet! You can have Roasted Tomato Basil Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- You need of whole tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s of san marzano mini tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare of onion, cut in slices.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of fresh basil.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of crushed tomatoes (15 oz).
- Prepare of diced fire roasted tomatoes (15 oz).
- You need of chicken stock.
- It’s of white wine.
- You need of dried basil.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes.
This recipe relies on fresh tomatoes and herbs rather than cream or milk. Roasted tomato soup is all about the fresh tomatoes, which are oven roasted until sweet and caramelized, then simmered in chicken stock with ton of fresh basil. With fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, caramelized onions, and basil, this delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is easily enjoyed year-round. Everyone has their own favorite tomato soup.
Roasted Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º..
- Quarter tomatoes. Half the san marzano tomatoes. Put both kind of tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes..
- Wrap garlic and onions drizzled with olive oil in foil and bake along with tomatoes..
- Put roasted tomatoes into a blender..
- Add diced fire roasted tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. Blend until smooth and pour into a large pot..
- Blend roasted onions, garlic, fresh basil and 1/4 cup olive oil..
- Pour the basil mixture into the tomato puree in the large pot..
- Add 4 cups of chicken stock, dried basil, salt & pepper..
- Add white wine and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes..
- Simmer for an hour and a half on low for flavors to blend. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or your favorite sides..
For some, it's rich and creamy, while others may prefer a fresher, lighter soup with roasted tomatoes. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a slow cooker. Add the oregano, thyme, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. Using an immersion blender or a standing blender, puree the soup until creamy. Stack and roll the basil leaves, then thinly slice.