Sweet Potato & White Bean Soup. The sweet potato or sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a member of the Convolvulaceae family of flowering plants, which includes the morning glory, chokeweed, and water spinach. The sweet potato has been cultivated for thousands of years for its tuberous roots.
Several recent studies have shown the superior ability of sweet potatoes to raise our blood levels of. Over the years, sweet potatoes have been studied, and the means of production have also been improved. Initially, people experimented, but now there are particular things that are known that guarantees better production of this vegetable. You can have Sweet Potato & White Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato & White Bean Soup
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes; peeled & small dice.
- It’s 1 of tomato bouillon cube.
- It’s 15.5 oz of cannellini beans.
- It’s 1 lb of fresh green beans; trimmed & cut in fourths.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion; medium dice.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 8 C of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 t of white pepper.
- You need 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of parsley; minced.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- You need as needed of kosher salt.
The sweet potato is probably one of the most-versatile vegetables. Find recipes for all the different ways you can prepare sweet potatoes here. Sweet potatoes are versatile, filling and packed with goodness. Serve this super root veg in curries, soups and salads, or turn them into mash or fries.
Sweet Potato & White Bean Soup instructions
- Bring vegetable stock to a simmer in a seperate sauce pot..
- Heat a stock pot with olive oil. Add sweet potatoes and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until potatoes begin to caramelize, about 6 minutes..
- Add green beans and tomato bouillon. Stir and break down bouillon cube with a wooden spoon. Cook 2 minutes. Add more olive oil if necessary..
- Turn heat to high. Add garlic, pepper flakes, white pepper, and beans. Stir. Cook 1 minute..
- Add vegetable stock to stock pot. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes and green beans are tender. Adjust seasoning..
- Variations; Coconut, kale, spinach, ginger, carrot, celery, lime, lemon, chiles, eggplant, leeks, ramps, jalapeños, paprika, habanero, serrano, ancho chile, dried parsely, cilantro, scallions, coriander seed, curry, cumin, thyme, dill, beets, basil, bell pepper, black beans, asparagus, fennel, lentils, chickpeas, oregano, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, lemon thyme, marjoram, mint, oregano, zucchini, yellow squash, black pepper, pumpkin, sumac, pumpkin, rosemary, sage, rosemary, brown rice, shallots, turmeric, balsamic, red wine vinegar, sherry, rice wine vinegar, roasted garlic, bourbon, rum extract, vegetable bouillon, chicken stock, turkey stock, turkey legs, butter, cauliflower, parmesean, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, wild rice, poblano, red onion, pearl onion, Vidalia onion, mushrooms, bacon, pancetta,.
Sweet Potato Sweet potato in flower Hemingway, South Carolina Scientific classification. The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the family Convolvulaceae. Sweet potato flesh colors come in shades of orange, yellow-orange, white, purple and red. Below are descriptions for some sweet potato – yam varieties found in North America. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and provide fiber, potassium, and many other nutrients.