Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute carrots, celery, onion, and frozen mixed vegetables until tender. Add the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and bouillon.
Beef Barley Soup This Beef Barley Soup is really one of the best, heartiest meals for fall, winter or just a chilly summer day. It's thick and rich and loaded with flavor, thanks to those browned chunks of beef and tender vegetables. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup
- It’s 1 pound of Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Flour.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Course Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Oil (olive or avocado).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1 of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- You need 2 Stalks of Celery (minced).
- It’s 4 of Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Wine.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 6 cups of Beef Broth.
- You need 4 of New Potatoes (diced).
- You need 1 can of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Green beans.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (leaves).
- You need 3 teaspoons of Season Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Quick Barley.
- You need 1 package of Brown Gravy.
- It’s 2 of Green Onions.
Transfer beef and bones to plate. Add celery, onion, and barley to pot. Beef barley soup should taste deeply beefy, and should be loaded with chunks of tender, flavorful meat, plump grains of barley, and aromatic vegetables. The secret to those results is to make it much like a beef stew, choosing the right cut of beef, handling it the right way, and adding more complex layers of flavor.
Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup instructions
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..
Veggies, seitan chunks and barley are simmered up in herbed red wine-infused tomato broth to make this savory and satisfying vegan beef barley soup! I thought I created a vegan version of beef stew when I made this the other day. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef on all sides; drain. Stir in broth, water, barley, salt and pepper.