Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Cubes of cooked chicken and brown rice are added to this creamy soup made with roasted garlic chicken broth and roux-thickened milk. All Reviews for Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup. Pure comfort and totally right for all that feels wrong.
It's rich and hearty and oh so comforting. It has a light natural sweetness to it then I've included lemon zest to. What Is Chicken and Rice Casserole? You can have Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- You need 2 of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- You need 2.5 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cream (half&half is fine).
- It’s 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 3/4 cup of rice (uncooked).
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Campbell's Soup Company introduced this homestyle casserole as a way to use their condensed cream of chicken soup. Cover the baking dish with foil. The rice needs to absorb the liquid from the sauce and any juices that the chicken gives off, so don't let it. Tomato paste and fish sauce add depth and umami to our best-ever chicken-and-rice soup studded with sweet carrots and silky kale.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
Packed with vegetables and bulked up with rice, this restorative chicken soup recipe is a keeper. While you can customize this homemade chicken. This comforting, fried garlic-topped chicken soup tastes like it took hours to make but comes together in a flash. Simmering a handful of uncooked rice directly into soup is a great trick for giving a quick, broth-y number like this one lip-smacking body and richness; as the rice cooks, it releases starches. Add the zucchini, chicken, and chopped kale leaves and cover the pot again.