Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker). Start by sorting and rinsing beans for any dirt or pebbles. Next slice up vegetables and then add to cooker. The next day, drain the lima beans and place into a slow cooker with onions, ham bone, and I did add a clove of garlic just to have a little taste of that.
Slow Cooker Lima Beans and CornCDKitchen. celery, lima beans, onion, water, frozen corn. Dried lima beans, also known as butter beans, become tender and creamy when cooked, and Never throw away the leftover bone from a bone-in ham—it will create depth of flavor in soups Drain the lima beans and add them to the slow-cooker insert. Stir in the chopped onions and add the ham. You can have Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker)
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 packages of bacon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1 lb of dry large lima beans.
Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup aka Soup Beans. Main Dishes Soups Blending Slow Cooking Dairy-free Sesame-free Seafood-free Peanut-free Tree-nut-free Soy-free Egg-free Sulfite-free Healthy Low-cholesterol Low-fat Low-saturated-fat Low-sodium High-fiber. Slow Cooker Bean Soup.my favorite dish growing up! Momma used to make it with fried potatoes, mac N cheese, and corn bread!
Mamas Lima Beans Soup (slow cooker) instructions
- Start by sorting and rinsing beans for any dirt or pebbles. Then place in slow cooker..
- Next slice up vegetables and then add to cooker..
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces and add to cooker..
- Finish by adding garlic, garlic salt, and water. Then cook on high for 6-8 hours, or until beans are soft. Salt to taste and add more garlic salt if needed..
She used a pressure cooker, but I prefer the slow cooker, and I've tweaked the ingredients just a bit from how she Drain beans. Add to crockpot along with remaining ingredients except fresh parsley. Pull off any ham on the bone, chop it up and add back to soup. Stir in fresh parsley just before serving. Learn how to make Slow Cooker Southern Lima Beans and Ham.