Bacon Potato Leek Soup.
You can cook Bacon Potato Leek Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Potato Leek Soup
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- It’s 6 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 10 of thick bacon slices.
- Prepare 1 carton of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- Prepare of Croutons to garnish.
Bacon Potato Leek Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in a Dutch pot until crispy..
- Drain bacon and set aside..
- Return pot to stove, add leeks, onions and garlic. Cook until softened..
- Add chicken stock, 3/4 of the bacon, potatoes, bay leaves, Italian spices. Cook until potatoes are soft..
- Remove pot from stove. Remove bay leaves. Add cream..
- Using hand mixer, mix ingredients to thickness desired. We like it semi chunky..
- Pour into bowls. Add croutons and left over 1/4 bacon to garnish..