Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup. A delicious crockpot (or instant pot) Mexican Tortilla Soup. It's probably no surprise with the plethora of Halloween treats and recipes on my site that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Right after making Halloween treats, one of my favorite things is to figure out costumes.
This tortilla soup tastes better than anything you can get at a restaurant. Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you. Hint: serve with lime juice, a tsp of sour cream, chopped avocados, or pork rind along with the cheese to really eat it like a Mexican. You can cook Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup
- You need of Soup Base.
- You need 12 cups of stock/broth (i used my Turkey stock recipe).
- Prepare 2 lbs of tomatoes.
- You need of Seasonings.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, soul food seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, ground sage, taco seasoning, ceviche.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- You need 1/8 tsp of all spice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper, mrs dash, tortilla seasoning, salt,.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh time, destemmed.
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen corn.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Frozen black beans, optional.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of coarsely chopped fresh parsley, cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of Meat (chicken or turkey).
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It’s of Lime juice.
- It’s of Tortilla chips, crumbled.
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the best comfort food and it's so simple to make in the slow cooker. Chicken tortilla soup recipe can feed a crowd. This healthy crockpot Mexican chicken stew is inspired by tortilla soup. Packed full of delicious Mexican flavors and super simple to prepare, you'll love how easy it is to make this stew recipe in your slow cooker or Instant Pot!
Crockpot Mexican Tortilla Soup step by step
- Puree whole tomatoes.
- Add soup base to crockpot.
- Chop soup up to bite sizes (bell pepper, onion), add all soup to crockpot.
- Fry ground meat.
- Add seasonings to crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with garnish.
As soon as cold weather arrives, the stew cravings kick in. This Crockpot Mexican chicken soup is fresh, tangy, and comforting. Set it and forget it, and you'll come back home to a wonderful healthy homemade Any/all of these would work in this Mexican tortilla soup: Greek yogurt or sour cream. Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious family recipe that will be a great addition to your family meals. Serve big bowls of this hearty Mexican inspired soup with crispy tortilla strips, plenty of of shredded cheese and a big dollop of sour cream!