One pot broccoli cheddar soup. This simple Broccoli Cheddar Soup checks all the boxes—plus, it's easy to make in one pot. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli.
This smooth, flavorful Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup will quickly become a family favorite! It's perfect as a main dish or as an appetizer to a yummy How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup: Using the Instant Pot makes this recipe quick and easy! Start by turning the Instant Pot to Saute. You can have One pot broccoli cheddar soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One pot broccoli cheddar soup
- Prepare 2 heads of broccoli chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrots shredded in food processor.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Bread bowl for serving optional.
In my house only one soup reigns supreme at that's this one pot broccoli cheddar soup. No more steaming broccoli and all that extra pan. Broccoli cheddar soup – this recipe made in the Instant Pot includes broccoli, cheddar cheese, broth, heavy cream, carrots and onion. Add the remainder of the Pot Mixture ingredients and stir to combine.
One pot broccoli cheddar soup instructions
- In a large pot sauté butter, carrots, and onion for a few minutes.
- Add flour, then slowly stir in half and half and broth, bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Mix in broccoli, salt, and pepper, simmer 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and serve.
Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Heavy Cream makes my Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup, very rich and creamy. No need to simmer the soup to thicken after pressure release just to heat up the cream. For weight watchers and fat calorie counters, if you want to use half and half to reduce fat content. Broccoli, cheddar cheese, onion, stock, milk, carrots, hot sauce, nutmeg, and cream cheese are all that are required for this soup.