Potato, leek and bacon soup. Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. Bringing y'all another delicious Instant Pot soup recipe for the season.
Bacon flavors this hearty potato soup, along with leeks and onions. Serve with crusty rolls or cornbread and a tossed salad for a delicious and satisfying meal. Potato, leek, and smoked bacon soup is made from the kind of staples that few Irish kitchens are ever without, with the potatoes forming the basis of a rustic and substantial meal in a bowl. You can cook Potato, leek and bacon soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato, leek and bacon soup
- Prepare 1 of leek, rinsed well and sliced.
- It’s 5 of potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 liter of chicken stock.
- You need 4 slice of of bacon rashers.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of seasoning to taste.
The smoky flavor from the bacon gives this soup magnificent depth — and parsley pesto is an updated version of what. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon.
Potato, leek and bacon soup instructions
- In a large pot, add half of the olive oil and fry the bacon rashers. Remove once cooked and set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pot, add leek, place lid on pot. Cook gently for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and potatoes to pot and cook gently until potatoes are cooked. Allow to cool and blend.
- Season to taste , add finely chopped bacon and a little milk can be added if desired. Top with dried parsley for colour and extra nutrients if desired.
A creamy and thick Potato & Leek Soup, with the delicious addition of bacon (makes all things better), this soup is an excellent winter warmer. I love that The Husband loves soup (especially this Leek and Potato Soup!) AND agrees that it can be dinner more regularly than most people I know. Cheesy potato leek soup is a recipe I've been making for decades. In the summer I love a simple soup of potato, leek, chicken broth, and cream. For toppings, I like croutons, chopped chives, crumbled bacon, or chopped fresh herbs like thyme or parsley.