Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang).
You can have Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang)
- You need of Whole Chicken Leg (bone in).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Water (or as needed).
- You need of Dun Ji Tang herbs;.
- Prepare of Astragalus Root (Bei Chi 北芪).
- It’s of Codonopsis (Dang Shen 党参).
- It’s of Chinese Yam (Huai Shan 淮山).
- It’s of Solomon's Seal (Yu Zhu 玉竹).
- Prepare of Wolfberries (Goji Zi 枸杞子).
- You need of Optional.
- It’s of Red Dates.
- You need of Dried Longan.
Chinese Herbal Chicken Soup (Dun Ji Tang) instructions
- CHICKEN; rinse the chicken. Dry the chicken with kitchen towels and then salt it. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- STEW; In a pot, place in all the Herbs as well as Water and chicken. Bring it to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. REMOVE any scum from the surface and let the soup cook for 1 hour or until the liquid has been reduced by half..
- SERVE; turn off the heat, remove the chicken and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into serving size. Taste the soup to see if it needs to be seasoned. Serve in a bowl..