Lumps of egusi in okra and ogbono soup. Ogbono Soup also known as Draw Soup makes eating Fufu Recipes so easy because of its slimy nature which helps the lumps of fufu slide down. How to Cook Ogbono Soup [Video] Egusi and Ogbono Soup Combo Some people like their Ogbono soup plain, with no added vegetables, others. How to make egusi soup – nigerian egusi soup – zeelicious foods.
This recipe shows you how to prepare Egusi soup with lumps. but who owns okro, ogbono, egusi, white soup etc. Okra (Pronounced properly as Okwuru in Igbo) Ogbono and Egusi are also Igbo native soups. The proper name for 'Egusi' is 'Egwusi' and that is Who told you that Okro and Egusi are yoruba soups? You can cook Lumps of egusi in okra and ogbono soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lumps of egusi in okra and ogbono soup
- You need 15 of fresh okra.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ogbono.
- You need 1/2 of egusi (ground).
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 7 of fresh pepper.
- You need 1 of onion bulb small.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of crayfish (ground).
- Prepare 5 cube of maggi.
- You need 1 bunch of pumpkin leaf (sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of palm oil.
- It’s 4 piece of ice fish.
- You need 1 of small piece locust beans.
- It’s to taste of salt.
This recipe involves combining Ogbono soup and okra. The oil-free Ogbono soup recipe is lower in calories than typical Ogbono soup (because no added oil) and tastes just as good. Egusi soup is a popular West African soup. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds.
Lumps of egusi in okra and ogbono soup instructions
- Get a clean moltar,wash okra and cut put in the moltar,wash 5 pepper, half onion and add pound very well to form a paste..
- Get a clean pot place on heat add the oil after 1min then add the pounded paste with the ogbono then stir for 5min.Wash fish put in a pot add half cupwater 2 cube maggi and steam for 5min..
- Then add the fish stock to the pot,add maggi,crayfish,pound locust beans and add.Reduce the heat at this stage..
- Get a clean bowl,add the egusi sprinkle water on it and stir.Break egg and whisk,add 2 fresh pepper blended,half chopped onion,little salt mix everything together.Then place pot on heat add 2 glass cup water..
- Allow to boil then cut the egusi mixture into the boiling water allow for 10min.The egusi here will become a lump add to the pot of soup and stir then lastly pumpkin leaf immediately turn off heat..
- Soup is ready came out perfect.Eaten with pounded yam..
It is a staple in most West African home and it is an uncomplicated one pot meal that is often accompanied with swallows like Eba, Amala, Semovita, Pounded yam, Fufu, and the likes. Ogbono Soup commonly known as Draw Soup, prepared with grinded ogbono seeds with servers a thickener. It has a slimy texture so i enjoy it most with fufu, it makes the fufu easily slide down the throat because of its slimy nature If your kids do not like Okra Soup because of the chunks of Okra. Egusi soup ,also known as Obe Efo elegusi/ Ofe Egusi, is a delicious Nigerian soup that is made with ground melon seeds and enriched with assorted meat, fish and spices. It is actually one of the most popular Nigerian soups used for eating bolus meals such as Pounded Yams, Eba, fufu and wheat..ogbono soup recipe cow meat fresh fish or any meat or fish of ur choice, crafish,Maggi fresh pepper ugu leave,put ur pot on fire add red oil allow to get hot add ur mixed egusi and ogbono turn together den add ur @InaS yes I did.