Red curry squash soup. Just roast the squash and blend it with ginger, curry, and lemongrass to make creamy vegan comfort food. This creamy curried squash soup comes together in two easy steps: roast & blend! Add the squash and water and bring to a boil.
Butternut squash soup gets a makeover with this recipe featuring red curry paste, coconut milk, and fresh ginger– guaranteed to please on a chilly fall day. Reviews for: Photos of Red Curry Coconut Squash Soup. Butternut's creamy texture makes this soup silky smooth. You can cook Red curry squash soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red curry squash soup
- Prepare 2 of red curry squash, seeded, peeled and cut into 1" cubes.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, thinly minced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 can of light coconut milk.
- It’s 1 can of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red curry paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of concentrate chicken broth (I've used Bovril brand).
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
You can also use kabocha squash (a winter squash also known as Japanese pumpkin); it has a deep, rich flavor and is a bit sweeter than butternut. This curried squash soup is made with spicy, fragrant Thai red curry paste. We've partnered with Vitamix to create this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe. When the cold weather strikes, there's nothing like a hot bowl of soup to make you feel all warm and cozy.
Red curry squash soup instructions
- In a large bowl, add the squash cubes, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well and display on cooking sheet. Cook in preheated oven at 400° till tender (approx 20min)..
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive in a pot at mid-high. Add in the onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Then add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often. Then add the ginger and cook for another minute. Then turn off the heat..
- Add in the pot the cooked squash cubes, the coconut milk and the red curry paste. Mash together with hand blender till smooth. Add water little by little while still using the hand blender till desired consistency..
- Correct the seasoning if needed and reheat 5 minutes at med-low heat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
This soup is full of spicy winter cheer! It uses few ingredients and has little hands-on preparation time. Like all of my soup recipes, this red curry kabocha squash soup is as easy as can be to make. Throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, let it simmer, blend it up, done. Red curry paste, coconut milk, and fresno chile make for a sweet, spicy, and complex combination.