Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup. Pasta e fagioli means "pasta and beans" in Italian—this recipe is much more than that! This hearty vegetarian stew is full of irresistible fresh flavor. Pasta Fagioli – an Italian Staple.
Add pasta to bowls, ladle soup on top. In the last half hour, cook the pasta, and you've got a wonderful soup waiting for you at the end of a long day! Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup is so delicious and you can use any large slow cooker to make this delicious tummy-warming soup! You can cook Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, chopped or julienned.
- You need 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 quart of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 can (29 oz) of petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 can (15 oz.) of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 2 can (15 oz.) of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 dash of oregano, dried.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rosemary, fresh.
- Prepare 4 oz of dried pasta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil, fresh.
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian parsley, fresh.
- Prepare of parmesan cheese, fresh, shredded (optional).
Pasta e Fagioli means simply "pasta and beans" and there are many variations of this traditional Italian soup. If you have an Italian grandmother, this is the soup. This vegetarian Pasta Fagioli recipe is a super simple, hearty, and rustic Italian bowl of comfort. This easy pasta e fagioli soup tastes so good because the slow cooking perfectly melds all the flavors together.
Vegetarian Pasta E Fagioli Soup step by step
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, carrots, and celery. Season with salt..
- When onion starts to turn translucent, add minced garlic..
- When onion is completely translucent, add stock to pot and turn heat up to high..
- Add tomatoes (juice and all), canned beans, oregano, and rosemary. Add salt to taste..
- When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat so that soup simmers..
- When vegetables are tender, add pasta, fresh basil, and fresh parsley..
- While pasta is cooking, taste broth and adjust seasoning if desired. (I added a little garlic powder.).
- When pasta is done, soup can be served, or it can be kept on low heat until time to serve..
- To serve, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons shredded parmesan on each bowl of soup (if desired). To make it vegan, cheese can be omitted, or a dairy-free cheese such as Daiya mozzarella-style shreds can be substituted for the parmesan..
There really is a great depth of flavor in this soup, and we have no fancy ingredients here. How to make vegetarian pasta e fagioli in a slow cooker. This dish is Italian for 'pasta and beans' and is used to describe a thick soup of pasta and red beans. Try serving this with crusty warm bread if desired. Vegetarian pasta e fagioli, or Italian pasta with beans, is a great high-protein pasta recipe for vegetarians (or Italians!).