Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy It's about time you met this broccoli cheddar soup recipe. You can have Broccoli Cheddar Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of cream 18%.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 of carrot, shredded.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
It's rich and indulgent, but not so much that it. This lightened up broccoli cheddar soup is made with olive oil and milk instead of butter and cream. It's a classic bowl of broccoli cheddar soup that will warm you up from inside out. Broccoli Cheddar Soup With Cheesy Croutons.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup instructions
- In large pot melt butter over medium heat, add onion and sauté until soft and translucent. Add flour and continue to stir for about five minutes..
- Slowly mix in chicken broth until fully incorporated. Add cream stirring constantly. Carefully bring to the boil. You must watch the pot because this will boil quickly. Once it comes to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Now your soup base should be slightly thickened. If too thick add either more broth or cream depending on your taste. Add broccoli, shredded carrot and garlic, allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft..
- Using a hand blender, carefully blend up the soup until desired texture/ consistency. Slowly add the two cups of cheese, constantly stirring. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted and soup is heating through. Server and garnish with remaking cheese..
Photo by Emma Fishman, Food Styling by Yekaterina Boytsova. You're looking for a soup that's rich. This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. A very good broccoli cheese soup. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however.