Chicken and Cauliflower Gnocchi Soup. Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season! It's filled with lots of potato gnocchi dumplings, tender pieces of chicken, fresh colorful veggies (like spinach and carrots) and it's all bathing in a rich and creamy broth. You just can't go wrong with this satisfying soup!
Yes, cauliflower gnocchi can be a healthier choice because it uses a vegetable that's less starchy than potatoes, says Jaclyn London, MS, RD, CDN, Nutrition Director at the Good Housekeeping Institute. "Non-starchy veggies are lower in carbs but often higher in fiber, which can help you stay. Cauliflower Gnocchi. featured in Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes. Transfer the squeezed cauliflower to a food processor. You can have Chicken and Cauliflower Gnocchi Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Cauliflower Gnocchi Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 1 cup of diced celery.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2-3 cups of almond milk or half and half.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked chicken shredded or cubed.
- Prepare 1 lb of Gnocchi prepared, (I used cauliflower Gnocchi.).
- Prepare 2-3 cups of baby spinach or chopped spinach.
Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and pulse until the dough forms a ball. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is better than Olive Garden! Loaded with tender chicken, chunks of vegetables, spinach in a creamy, flavorful broth – don't forget the crusty bread! The cauliflower gnocchi held its form and was very delicious in this soup!
Chicken and Cauliflower Gnocchi Soup instructions
- In a large pot… heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic and thyme and cook until softened, 5-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Slowly whisk in the half and half. Stir in the chicken. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes..
- Add in the prepared gnocchi and spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted..
When Trader Joe's introduced their cauliflower gnocchi, we freaked out. After many test runs, we landed When Trader Joe's introduced their cauliflower gnocchi, we freaked out, then immediately went to the kitchen More From Insanely Easy Weeknight Dinners. How fast is this chicken chorizo cauliflower gnocchi skillet? Fresh chicken sausage, when you break it apart into smaller pieces, cooks very quickly. Baby spinach, onion, red bell pepper (equally diced), and cauliflower gnocchi make for quick cooking, too!