Chicken and dumpling soup. Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes.
Nothing quite beats the creamy texture and savory flavor of cream of chicken soup. You can absolutely make your own copycat recipe from scratch, but we lean on the canned stuff for convenience here. I used this soup recipe as a base for a lighter version of chicken and dumplings. You can cook Chicken and dumpling soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and dumpling soup
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken chopped in small chunks.
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of Mixed vegtables.
- You need 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken bouillion.
- It’s 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 cup of bisquick.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
I also put a couple of diced potatoes in for hubby. I found at the end it needed a little something more salt and. This Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe is made with creamy broth, succulent chicken, sweet carrots and light fluffy dumplings. It will really satisfy your longing for a good home cooked meal.
Chicken and dumpling soup step by step
- Mix all but last 3 ingredients in pot on stove and heat to boiling.
- Mix bisquick and milk til dough forms them add in oregano and mix..
- Drop bisquick by teaspoons into soup once it starts to boil..
- Turn down to simmer and cook for 10 minuets. Then cover and simmer for an additional 10 min..
- Let soup sit for a couple of minuets before serving..
My family just loves this recipe and I can feel great about all the wholesome ingredients in it. This Chicken and Dumpling Soup is filled with the dumplings I grew up eating. They're somewhere between noodle and spatzle, but bigger. If you're looking for light and fluffy dumplings, you're at the wrong recipe. These dumplings are a bit heavier.