Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot). Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – a fast and flavorful recipe that can be made using dry or canned beans, and using fresh or frozen thighs, or breast meat. But back to this Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup recipe! And it was one of those throw-it-all-in-and-press-a-button recipes Tools Used to Make Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
This Instant Pot soup is inspired by the traditional Mexican dish sopa de tortilla (aka tortilla soup). Traditionally, tortilla soup is made with fried corn tortillas and chicken broth flavored with charred tomatoes and chile de árbol. In this recipe we rely on chili powder for some heat. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot)
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless.
- Prepare 28 oz. of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Canned Diced Green Chilies.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 of Onion, Diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 4 of Corn Tortillas, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Oaxaca, & Asadero).
This Instant Pot tortilla soup is so good that the leftovers went really fast too. And there's only two people who live in this house. And we always have tons of leftovers because I cook a whole lot for this blog. Will you try making this electric pressure cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe?
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) instructions
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, chicken broth, onion, garlic, ground cumin, salt, & black pepper to the Instant Pot..
- Mix well..
- Close & lock the lid..
- Turn steam release valve to ensure the pot is sealed..
- Press—PRESSURE COOK: Normal; Pressure Level: High; Time: 9 minutes..
- Press CANCEL (Keep Warm: On).
- Allow Natural Release for 10 minutes..
- Press steam release handle down for Quick Release..
- Remove chicken to a plate & shred into bite size pieces..
- Return chicken to the pot..
- Press SAUTÉ—Normal..
- Add corn tortilla strips & cilantro to the pot..
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve topped with shredded cheese blend immediately..
Combine tomatoes, chicken, chiles, broth, onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot; mix well. Secure lid and move pressure release valve to Sealing position. Until then, I hope you guys find the chunkiest sweater for this soup. It's so perfect – it's made in the Instant Pot (which basically means this is the easiest recipe ever), and the chicken is so amazingly tender, it just melts in your mouth. This easy chicken tortilla soup can also be made in the slow cooker.