Grandma's chicken soup. Grandma's Chicken Soup is the perfect comfort food for get well gifts, birthdays, holidays, new parents, and more. Grandma's Chicken Soup is the most delicious alternative to sending flowers. This savory, homemade chicken noodle soup made with chicken broth, egg noodles, vegetables, and chicken is a real people pleaser.
This recipe for grandma's chicken soup from scratch is from our treasured family recipes. Cold-busting, flavor-packed homemade chicken soup recipe. For a cold, try chicken soup. You can have Grandma's chicken soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's chicken soup
- Prepare 2 of chicken legs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of short-grain white rice.
- You need of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube (optionally).
When a researcher from the University of Nebraska Medical Center tested his wife's family recipe, he found the soup inhibited. Serve with Grandma's Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! Serve & enjoy or freeze for later use! We are all celebrating at Grandma's Chicken Soup!
Grandma's chicken soup step by step
- Start by cleaning the chicken legs, remove the skin, wash and season with salt and pepper..
- Fill a pot slightly more than halfway full with water and place it over strong heat. As soon as the water boils and after you have deboned the chicken legs, add them to the pot..
- Add the rice a while later, as well as the salt, the olive oil and the stock cube and mix..
- Let it boil and taste the soup from time to time. As soon as the rice is cooked it is ready so remove it from heat. Set it aside for 5 minutes to cool a little..
- Then beat the egg together with the lemon in a bowl and add some stock from the soup to temper it, stirring in the meanwhile. Then add it back to the rest of the stock and mix. If you want it to be thicker leave it over heat a little longer..
- The soup is ready to serve! Bon appétit!.
This is the way my Grandma made barley soup (she also made a version using beef stew meat). Leaving broth in pan, remove chicken to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Grandma still knows best- Chicken Soup is her mysterious cure-all and its reputation persists today. The next time you're feeling under the weather, make a big pot of Grandma's Chicken Soup. Remove the chicken meat from the bones; discard the bones.