Simple Lentil Stew.
You can have Simple Lentil Stew using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Lentil Stew
- It’s 200 grams of Lentils (dried).
- Prepare 70 grams of Bacon (block).
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of leaf Bay leaf (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 1 of Coarse salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Simple Lentil Stew step by step
- Chop the onions and carrots into 5 mm cubes, and chop the bacon into 1 cm cubes. Rinse the lentils in a colander..
- Lightly sauté the minced garlic and bacon in a pot of olive oil..
- Add the onions and carrots, and sauté until the onions become tender and translucent, taking care not to burn them..
- Add the lentils and toss the ingredients together. Fill with enough water to cover up to 2 cm higher than the level of the beans, then add the bay leaf, 2-3 pinches of coarse salt and pepper, and bring to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, reduce to low heat, slightly shift the lid to make an opening, simmer for about 20 minutes. Fill with enough water to cover up to 2 cm higher than the level of the beans again, then simmer for 30-40 more minutes, then it's done Add a lot of water! It will cook into the soup ingredients and make them soft and fluffy..
- [Lentils] These are the lentils I bought at a supermarket in Paris. They come in a cloth bag. Lentils are filled with nutrients, such as vitamin B and beta carotene..
- [Note] Since this recipe makes a lot of soup, you can halve the recipe. For those who have a large pot, I recommend making a lot..