Best baked mac. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. I think they improve the density of a baked mac and cheese really well. I like the way the egg makes it kind of casserole-y with the crunchy crust on top as opposed to just purely gooey and soft.
I used three types of cheeses to grace every noodle of this dish. Baked mac and cheese has a bad reputation for being gummy, soggy, and downright inedible. Good, standard white cheddar (and Velveeta)! You can have Best baked mac using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best baked mac
- You need 2 boxes of elbow noodles.
- It’s 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a brick of pepper jack cheese.
- You need 1 of brick of provolone cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 bags of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (32 oz bags).
- It’s 3 C of whole milk.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
Some folks like their mac & cheese creamy and saucy and some folks like it thick & rich baked in the oven. Definitely the best home-made mac & cheese I've ever tasted. Can't wait for an excuse to make it The sauce turned out incredibly well and it baked beautifully. The only thing I would change next time.
Best baked mac step by step
- Bring heavily salted water to a boil.
- Add elbow noodles..
- Turn down temp of noodles..
- Slice provolone and pepper jack cheese. I use a veggie peeler to make the slices thin..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Separate pot, heat whole milk, bag of shredded cheddar,can of cheese soup, all of the provolone and pepper jack cheese, and can of evaporated milk..
- Stirring often so the cheese will not stick to the bottom..
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and add to large aluminum pan. Stir in 1/2 stick of butter..
- Mix until butter is almost melted completely..
- Once cheese is melted, pour into noodles..
- Mix some of the left over shredded cheese into the mix..
- When all mixed together, sprinkle the last remaining cheese on top..
- Put in oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown..
- You can eat it before baking, but why not wait til it's amazing!?.
Wow. this recipe will manifest the best mac & cheese you have ever tasted. It's even better than your grandma's. The best baked mac and cheese recipe! Made with tender pasta, extra sharp cheddar and gruyere cheese in a rich and creamy sauce, and crispy toasted panko. This is the best vegan mac and cheese recipe ever!