Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup. Super simple chicken tortilla recipe for busy families. You can this prepare at night. Then turn on the slow cooker in the morning before you leave for work.
Cost Breakdown of the Super Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Meal It's super simple and is a great remedy for a sore throat or cold. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! You can have Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts OR thighs.
- You need 32 oz. of box of chicken stock (broth works too).
- Prepare 1 cup of tortilla chips – any kind you prefer.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 1 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of a large onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cilantro.
- It’s of Spices: Cumin, Coriander and Garlic Powder (all to taste).
My husband said it tasted just like the chicken tortilla soup we'd had at Chili's – which was what I was aiming for!! I think the sour cream would have. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado The best tortillas to use for tortilla soup are stale yellow corn tortillas. Learn how to make Super Simple Tortilla Soup.
Super Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. When done shred..
- While chicken is cooking, dice the onion, cilantro, tomatoes and shred cheese..
- In a pot, bring chicken stock to a simmer and add the spices..
- In each individual bowl, place a handful of tortillas in the bottom then a handful of cheese on top..
- Once the broth is simmering, add the shredded chicken and cook for about 1 minute..
- Place large spoonfuls of chicken onto the cheese and chips. Then pour the broth into the bowl..
- Top with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro and enjoy!.
Add chicken and hot pepper sauce; mix well. This easy Chicken Tortilla Soup comes together right in your slow cooker. Just sprinkle on some chili powder and cumin, add an onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, and a The site may earn a commission on some products. You'll love this super simple soup. Simple, comforting chicken tortilla soup that can easily be thrown together on a weeknight.