Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with A restaurant near my house makes the best Tomato Basil soup, so I was looking for a recipe to imitate. Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions.
Your kitchen will fill with the scent of roasting tomatoes, simmering thyme, and fresh basil. This vegan roasted tomato basil soup is Mediterranean Diet approved! Come in to my kitchen and let's make this together! You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- Prepare of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- It’s of carrots.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of sweet potato.
- Prepare of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- It’s of celery.
- You need of tomato paste.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- Prepare of neutral oil.
- You need of Heavy cream.
Top tomato-basil-soup-with-fresh-tomatoes recipes just for you. This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you know exactly what you're eating when you enjoy a. People love our famous tomato basil soup.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
You can enjoy your very own by visiting a local Applebee's or ordering online! All soup is served hot and delicious! Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, and thyme. Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth..on lists of Best Tomato Soup Ever, enjoying something of a cult following for those who love tomato soup. That might seem surprising since dried basil gets a bad rep for tasting very little like its fresh.