French Onion Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe! It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. French onion soup can be a little fussy, time-consuming, and tear-inducing, but if you've got a few hours on a rainy Saturday, there are few better ways to spend it than in the pursuit of this classic. You can cook French Onion Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French Onion Soup
- It’s 50 g of dairy free spread.
- You need 2 of large red onions sliced.
- It’s 2 of large white onions sliced.
- Prepare 600 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 400 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 125 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tamari.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 4 slices of gluten free baguette.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of dairy free cheese grated.
- It’s pinch of paprika.
Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe. French onion soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. For years, I haven't been able to find a good vegetarian version of it, because it's traditionally made with beef broth.
French Onion Soup instructions
- Melt the dairy free spread in a large pan over a low heat Add the red and white onions and cook for 30 minutes or until caramelised.
- Add in the chicken stock, beef stock, red wine, tamari, parsely, bay leaf and balsamic vinegar Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf Toast the gluten free baguette slices under the grill.
- Divide the soup between four bowls, top with the bread and then the grated cheese Place under the grill for a couple of minutes and then serve topped with a pinch of paprika.
Making truly authentic French Onion Soup is easier than you think! This wonderful, simple and flavorful soup is the perfect warm dish for winter! French onion soup is a hearty dish made with the comforting flavors of onions, beef stock, bread and cheese. Some variations call for chunks of beef, but in the classic rendition, the onions are the star. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world.