Kabocha Squash Soup – Easy Version. Roasted kabocha squash soup, thick and creamy, with ginger, cumin, and coriander. Have you come across "Kabocha" squash in the market? It's a Japanese variety of winter squash, one that is heavy and thick-fleshed, similar in that way to butternut squash, with a deep, rich.
Japanese simply call it Kabocha (南瓜、かぼちゃ、カボチャ) and the word Heavy Whipping Cream: You can make "lighter" version by replacing heavy cream with non-fat milk. An easy roasted kabocha squash soup that yields a well-balanced, hearty, creamy soup that is garlicky and lightly sweet. You can use butternut or acorn squash if you cannot find kabocha. You can have Kabocha Squash Soup – Easy Version using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Soup – Easy Version
- It’s 1/4 of Kabocha squash.
- You need 1 of Soup stock cube (chicken consommé).
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 dash of of each (to taste) Butter, salt, pepper.
You can easily make the dish vegan as well. Make a big batch in advance and serve it with toasted bread for a. This Kabocha Squash Soup Recipe (Japanese Pumpkin Soup) is seasoned with ginger, coconut milk, + red Thai curry paste for the win! This creamy Kabocha Squash Soup recipe (かぼちゃスープ) comes together in no time from a In this easy Japanese Pumpkin Soup recipe, I have a few tricks to maximize the flavor while Ingredients for Kabocha Squash Soup.
Kabocha Squash Soup – Easy Version instructions
- Peel the kabocha squash, cut into bite sized pieces, and put on a heatproof dish. Add just enough water to cover and cover loosely with plastic wrap..
- Microwave for 7 minutes at 600W. The kabocha squash should be tender enough to fall apart immediately when you touch it. It's very hot, so be careful taking it out..
- Place a miso-strainer or sieve on top of a pot. Put in the kabocha squash and any remaining moisture in the plate and pass the kabocha squash through the sieve using a pestle..
- As shown in this phot, there shouldn't be much left in the sieve..
- The kabocha squash looks like this. Add milk to this little by little while mixing..
- Add soup stock cubes, and heat through while being careful not to let it burn. Season with salt and pepper at the end..
- If the flavor is too rich or salty, add more milk. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish the top with coffee cream or chopped parsley. You can also add a bit of butter for richness..
Not your average Vietnamese fare, this kabocha squash soup features fantastically flavorful turkey meatballs packed with shiitake mushrooms and bean-thread A hearty, but healthier squash soup made with creamy kabocha squash, turkey meatballs, shiitake mushrooms, shrimp and chicken broth. Discover the simplicity of kabocha soup, an easy dish made of Japanese kabocha squash or pumpkin and simple ingredients. Wash the exterior of the kabocha squash. Cut in half and remove seeds and inner strands of the squash. Place kabocha on a microwave-safe plate.