Cheesy baked potato and bacon soup. This is a delicious creamy thick soup. I make it quite often, it's a family favorite, I also add in some cayenne pepper, if you are not a lover of garlic you may omit— It is so filling that I usually just serve it as a main meal with crusty bread on the side, and a salad. There has been a creamy curried potato soup, a sweet potato soup with miso and ginger, and a roasted garlic and potato soup.
Potatoes are baked, then simmered with milk, spring onions, bacon, Cheddar cheese and soured cream. Serve for lunch, dinner or as a snack. Use potatoes, onions, and chicken bouillon to make a nourishing potato soup in minutes. You can cook Cheesy baked potato and bacon soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy baked potato and bacon soup
- You need 1 of large potato.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese (give or take in amount and type of cheese to your preference).
- You need 1 1/2 of to 2 tablespoons real Bacon pieces.
Flavored cream cheese is the secret ingredient; it makes the soup creamy and flavorful. Reviews for: Photos of Easy Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup. Top cheesy-bacon-potato-soup recipes just for you. Unwrap potatoes and cut lengthwise slits in the top of each.
Cheesy baked potato and bacon soup instructions
- Peel and dice potato, place in pot.
- Add water and onion powder, bring to a boil.
- Add Cream of Chicken soup, stir well..
- Add shredded cheese and bacon pieces, stir til cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve. You can add a garnish of chives and more bacon pieces, or sour cream if you like. (I didn't because my kid is picky). Would go well with fresh baked bread or even butter crackers on top..
Carefully scoop out flesh from center of each potato into a medium bowl, then add butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, half the cheddar, and half the bacon. Spoon filling back into each potato. Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup: This recipe is a family favorite of mine and perfect for any occasion! To make this Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potato Soup recipe in the slow cooker cook the bacon in a pan then use the fat to cook onions as directed in the stovetop directions. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth then ladle the soup into bowls and top them with bacon and additional toppings.