Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with A restaurant near my house makes the best Tomato Basil soup, so I was looking for a recipe to imitate. Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions.
Your kitchen will fill with the scent of roasting tomatoes, simmering thyme, and fresh basil. This vegan roasted tomato basil soup is Mediterranean Diet approved! Come in to my kitchen and let's make this together! You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- It’s of Petite Sliced Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce large.
- It’s of Onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Fresh Basil chopped.
- It’s of Half and Half.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
Top tomato-basil-soup-with-fresh-tomatoes recipes just for you. This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you know exactly what you're eating when you enjoy a. People love our famous tomato basil soup.
Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- In large pan put tomatoes, tomato sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Turn stove to medium heat. As this mixture begins to heat add sliced onions and sweet basil. Continue heating up to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes..
- When onions are tender and tomatoes are fully cooked add the Half and Half. Continue cooking until mixture returns to the boil stage..
- Reduce heat to simmer or completely turn off. Ready to serve.
You can enjoy your very own by visiting a local Applebee's or ordering online! All soup is served hot and delicious! Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, and thyme. Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth..on lists of Best Tomato Soup Ever, enjoying something of a cult following for those who love tomato soup. That might seem surprising since dried basil gets a bad rep for tasting very little like its fresh.