Chicken Potpie Soup. Also known as Chicken Pot Pie Soup. The inspiration for this simple soup recipe obviously came from its namesake. Or really, the filling of its namesake.
Serve with warm biscuits for a complete meal! This creamy chicken pot pie soup filled with roasted vegetables and chicken, served with herb-flecked puff-pastry crackers might be the perfect dynamic duo. All Reviews for Chicken Pot Pie Soup. You can have Chicken Potpie Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Potpie Soup
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shortening.
- It’s 6 tbsp of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of cubed peeled potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 can of (14 1/2 oz each) chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, corn, celery, onions and green beans in every bite. It's also great with leftover turkey, as I do here in this Turkey Pot Pie Soup. This chicken pot pie soup is a creamy soup loaded with tender chicken, potatoes and vegetables, then topped with homemade cheddar biscuits.
Chicken Potpie Soup instructions
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough holds together. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Using a floured 2 1/2 inch heart-shaped or round cutter, cut 18 shapes. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425°F for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a rack..
- Heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onions, celery and carrots; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender..
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with pastries.
A comfort food classic that's perfect for a cold night. This crockpot chicken pot pie soup is made with pretty simple ingredients. My favorite chicken from ButcherBox, potatoes, carrots This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a pretty hearty soup, so it's fine to enjoy on it's own – but I also have served it with a salad and. It's filled with tender chicken, lots of fresh veggies and a delicious broth. Just like the flavors in my Easy Chicken Pot Pie but in comfy and cozy, warm and sip-able soup form!