Clear beef white radish soup. In today's White Radish Soup I used fresh beef neck bones to flavor the soup. White radish goes really well with a beefy broth but you can use pork bones if preferred. Clear beef white radish soup Comforting soup that is simple, light, and healthy.
This Beef Radish Soup is simple to make. You will need beef, radish, dried sea kelp, Korean soy sauce, garlic, leek, sesame oil, pepper, and sweet rice wine (not shown in the photo, sorry!) First you need to make sea kelp broth. You can find this dried sea kelp in any Asian groceries these days. You can have Clear beef white radish soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Clear beef white radish soup
- It’s 500 gr of beef bones.
- It’s 300 gr of beef cubes.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, mashed or grated.
- You need 1 of big white radish.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper, fish sauce (2tsp), sesame oil (1tsp).
- You need of Spring onion.
- You need of Local celery for soup.
Korean Beef and Radish Soup is a light but filling soup that is routinely eaten by Korean households. The soup broth is very light – not like a stew. Beef and radish soup is a very popular soup in Korea. The soup is non-spicy, so it's a perfect choice for children, and it can be whipped up quickly if you have a lot of sudden guests.
Clear beef white radish soup step by step
- Blanch the beef: Boil beef bones and beef cubes in water (just enough to cover them). Once the water boils, drain the beef and rinse the pot/beef from any impurities. This step will get us a clear soup/not cloudy..
- Fill the pot with clean water and boil the blanched beef bones/beef cubes and continue to cook until beef is tender. I used pressure cooker and it took me 40 minutes..
- Once beef is tender, put grated garlic, white radish, seasoning to taste. I put about 2 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil. Salt pepper, light soya sauce to taste.
- Put the white radish and cook until radish is soft. Additional 5 mins with pressure cooker.
- Garnish with spring onion and local celery. Ready to serve with white rice. Yum! So comforting!.
It's hearty food best enjoyed with rice, and is a staple in the Korean diet. Throw out water and clean pot. Put stock, beef, ginger and salt in pot and bring to a boil. White Radish Soup is known to help in cleansing and detoxifying our digestive system. With a touch of sweetness from the red dates and the extra kick and spice from the peppercorns, this soup is indeed a refreshing, comforting, and hearty soup everyone enjoys every now and then.