AMIEs CHICKEN Tinola. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Tinola. Chicken Tinola is a Filipino soup dish. It involves cooking chicken pieces in ginger broth.
You will not find anything like it from our neighboring Asian countries or even around the globe. I would say that next to Adobo, Tinola is the most favorite. Tinola is a Filipino chicken soup usually served as an appetizer or a main entrée with white rice. You can have AMIEs CHICKEN Tinola using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs CHICKEN Tinola
- It’s 1 of chicken weighing 1 kilo, cut into serving pieces.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger, sliced in strips.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of patis sauce (fish sauce) optional.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 10 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 of medium green papaya, sliced into serving pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of sili leaves (pepper leaves) or rocket leaves (rucola).
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper, according to taste.
Traditionally, this dish is cooked with chicken, wedges of green papaya, and leaves of the siling labuyo chili pepper in broth flavored with ginger, onions and fish sauce. How amazing it is to be human. The things we disregard, the Tinolang Manok. Chicken tinola is a healthy, tasty, and comforting soup that's perfect for cold weather.
AMIEs CHICKEN Tinola instructions
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry the garlic until brown. Add the onion and ginger. Cook until softened. Put the pieces of chicken and add patis sauce. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Pour the water, and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked. Add the sliced papaya and cook until papaya is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add the leaves. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Serve hot with hot steamed white rice. Share and enjoy..
This is a guest post by my good friend Marivic Pinedo who is sharing with you her favorite childhood Filipino dish today! Growing up in a Filipino household, it was normal. Chicken tinola is a classic Filipino dish that features ginger and onion as its main flavors. By cooking the chicken at a low temperature for a while, you'll bring out its flavor too and sliced green papaya. Chicken Tinola Recipe is a nutritious dish and one of the authentic Filipino recipes and it is one of a kind among Asian dishes.