Butternut squash soup. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. You can have Butternut squash soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- It’s of good sized butternut squash.
- It’s of medium sized onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Good pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need of boiling water.
- It’s of single cream.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili.
Butternut squash soup step by step
- Chop the butternut squash into good sized chunks, coat with olive oil and season well with salt and black pepper. Roast in the the oven at 200 Celsius until the squash is nicely roasted. Around 45 mins.
- Once the squash has roasted chop the onion and finely slice the garlic. Add olive oil to a good sized saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened..
- Add the roasted squash, water, chilli flakes, stock cube and season well. Allow to simmer for around 20 minutes. Then allow to cool a little before blending..
- Once cool enough blend everything together using a stick blender and slowly add the cream. Put back on a gentle heat to warm through..
- Serve with crust bread and enjoy!! .
Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and makes the soup easier to prepare (as you. A soul-warming, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall and winter. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter.