Our Family Recipe For Warming Tonjiru Pork Soup.
You can have Our Family Recipe For Warming Tonjiru Pork Soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe For Warming Tonjiru Pork Soup
- You need 100 grams of Thinly sliced pork.
- You need 1/2 of Konnyaku.
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot.
- You need 1/3 of Burdock root.
- You need 3 of leaves Chinese cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of Bean sprouts.
- You need 3 of Satoimo (taro root).
- You need 80 of to 100 grams ○ Miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ○ Sake.
- It’s 2 of pieces ◆ Ginger.
- It’s 1 of ◆ The green or white part of a Japanese leek (or green onion).
- You need 700 ml of Dashi stock (made from bonito flakes etc.).
Our Family Recipe For Warming Tonjiru Pork Soup instructions
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces..
- Pull apart the konnyaku into small pieces with your hands. Put into a pot with water and being to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes and drain well. Finely shave the carrot and burdock root (as if you were sharpening a pencil). Divide the cabbage leaves into the core and leaf parts, and cut up into 2cm pieces..
- Cup up the green or white part of a leek (or green onion) into thin rounds. Grate the ginger..
- Put the dashi stock, burdock root, carrot and konnyaku into a pot and turn on the heat. Simmer until tender with a lid on..
- Wash the satoimo well, put on a heatproof dish and sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes at 500w..
- Cool the satoimo in cold water with the skins on. Peel them, pulling off the skins with a knife. Cut up the large ones into about 3 pieces..
- When the carrot and burdock root are tender, add the core part of the cabbage and continue simmering..
- After about 5 minutes add the pork while separating it. Also add the satoimo. Simmer until the pork is cooked..
- This is homemade miso..
- Turn off the heat and dissolve in the miso. Add the sake..
- Add the leaf parts of the cabbage and the bean sprouts. Turn the heat back on..
- When the vegetables have wilted, it's done. Ladle into serving bowls and add the ginger and leek or green onion on top. Enjoy while piping hot!.