Potato & Broccoli Casserole. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Spud" redirects here. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia.
Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Potatoes are tubers that are a staple food in many parts of the world, particularly Europe and the West. They are commonly categorised according to when they're harvested (early. You can cook Potato & Broccoli Casserole using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato & Broccoli Casserole
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of large head broccoli; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of large shallot; medium dice.
- Prepare 1 T of rosemary; minced.
- You need 32 oz of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 C of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 4 T of butter; melted.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. Potato Potato Facts and Figures How Potato Grows Potato Nutrition Native Potato Varieties Wild Potato Species Potato Processing and Uses Potato Pests and Diseases. The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae family (also known as the nightshades). The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber.
Potato & Broccoli Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Lay bacon on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Drain fat into a large saute pan. Dice bacon after it cools..
- Saute potatoes on high for 1 minute then turn heat to medium. Add shallots. Season with salt, pepper, and 2 t rosemary..
- Heat soup in a seperate saucepot to a simmer. Add cheese while whisking until smooth. Then add broccoli and remove from heat..
- Add potatoes to soup. Stir in 3/4 of the bacon. Transfer to a buttered casserole dish..
- Melt butter in a small saute pan. Add panko and remaining rosemary..
- Top casserole with panko mixture..
- Bake at 400º for approximately 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and potatoes are easily pierced with a small paring knife..
- Garnish with remaining bacon..
- Variations Parsley, mint, basil, oregano, marjoram, thyme, sage, coriander, cilantro, lemon, parmesean, romano, gruyere parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, white cheddar, white wine, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, goat cheese, jalapeño, poblano, bell pepper, roasted garlic, apple cider vinegar, avocado, corn, zucchini, herbes de provence, red onion, pearl onion, asparagus, arugula, spinach, asiago, fontina, slivered garlic, green beans, tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, cauliflower, carrots,.
- Cont'd; Coconut, chives, cayenne, scallions, leeks, crushed pepper flakes, habanero, paprika, ginger, dijon, orange zest, black olives, tarragon, sun dried tomatoes, savory, turmeric, rice vinegar.
In the region of the Andes, there are some other closely related cultivated potato species. potato. A word used by some people to describe themselves in a humorous way. Generally used by girls with low self-esteem who think they aren't attractive and/or cute enough to make guys, especially. Examples of potato in a Sentence. She's growing carrots and potatoes in her garden this year.