Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! This Butternut Squash Soup recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 2 of medium sized butternut squash.
- Prepare 2 of yellow onions.
- You need 2 (32 oz) of containers of vegetable broth.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sage.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Our easy recipes include scrumptious vegetarian and healthy options. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a sheet pan, slice both squash in half and remove seeds. Lay on sheet pan with the skin side on the sheet pan. Distribute 2-3tbsp of olive oil between all squash halves, coat them in olive oil. Add some salt, then put them in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft..
- Once the squash is out of the oven and cooling, dice your two onions and throw them into a pot that has a tablespoon of olive oil. Sautee for a couple minutes, while sauteing chop up your squash, or gut it if you dont like the skin, then add the squash to the pot. Then add your garlic, fresh or granulated. Then add your vegetable broth all at once. Add your sage and thyme too. Bring to a boil, let boil for a minute or so, then use a hand blender to smooth out the soup. Or dump it into a blender..
- Boom. Perfect butternut squash soup..
Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili. Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Creamy Curried Butternut Squash Soup infused with coconut milk and yellow curry powder.