Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs. Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each I used red lentils don't know if that made a difference got them from a health food store that sells I love the sausage and lentil soup at Carrabb's Grill and always wish I would be able to get the recipe. This warm and hearty lentil soup uses three of my favorite bitter foods – beet greens, fenugreek seeds, and turmeric.
Lentil Soup with Beef and Red Pepper. When you want a meal that's hearty AND healthy, this French lentil soup is high on flavor but low on calories. It's packed with veggies and seasoned with cumin and cayenne – the perfect slow cooker vegetable soup for tonight. You can cook Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage
- It’s 1 cup of Red Lentils.
- You need 1 cup of Green Lentils.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes pilled and grated.
- It’s 3 of large carrots pilled and grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of tray beef sausage.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chicken spice.
- You need 1/2 of cup tomato sauce or paste.
- It’s 1 packet of Knorr Minestrone soup.
Lentil and Sausage Soup with Sweet Potatoes from Kalyn's Kitchen Spicy Red Lentil and Chickpea Stew from Kalyn's Kitchen Ham and Lentil Soup from Soup like this is too high in carbs for a low-carb diet plan but check out Instant Pot Low-Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Soup for a low-carb soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage step by step
- Place together the two lentils in a bowl and thoroughly wash off the starch under running tap. Then put it in a large pot with water enough to cover it and simmer high heat..
- When the lentil is almost tender, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and let it boil further until everything is soft and looking mushy..
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into small bite size pieces and saute in a saucepan, add onions and keep stirring. Then add the spice tomato sauce, stir and let it simmer..
- Mix the powdered soup with one cup of water and pour into the sausages and stir to thicken it, add more water if needed..
- Using the masher utensil, press down together the lentils and vegetables together to combine them into thick soup. Add the sausage sauce and stir thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together into a nice thick delicious soup. Let it simmer few more minutes before serving..
- Enjoy with steam bread , or delicious soft rolls .
Any type of lentil will work in this weeknight soup. Or, substitute a couple cans of cannellini beans in their place. Add bay leaves, lentils, red pepper flakes (if using), and stock and bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring. This hearty soup, with its lentils and sausage, seems made for savory. For a special version, use imported Vertes du Puy lentils, which have a rich, earthy Remove the bay leaf.