Porridge yam. Yam pottage/Yam porridge (Asaro) is a very delicious Yam recipe though it's eaten by most tribes in Nigeria but it's more common in the. Yam Porridge can also be referred to as yam soup. It is mainly yam cooked with ingredients and the resulting dish contains some soupy liquid.
Yam porridge is one of the easiest and most popular Nigerian foods. Several people have made porridge yams using different recipes – some are simple while the rest are not. Yam porridge or Asaro is another delicious Nigerian yam dish cooked in a well-seasoned pepper mix until soft and fluffy with some yam chunks. You can have Porridge yam using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Porridge yam
- It’s 1 of small tuber of yam.
- You need of Edikaikong soup (already cooked).
- Prepare 3 of Grated carrote.
- It’s of Blended pepper & onions.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
- You need of Curry/thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of Salt & Maggi taste.
- You need of Palm oil.
It is very quick and easy to make. It`s a delicious dish of the Nigerian cuisine. You can easily prepare it at home. There is nothing better than yam porridge with plantain for your dinner.
Porridge yam step by step
- Peel yam & chop into small sizes. Wash then add into a pot, add water to half the level of the yam.
- When it's half cooked, add blended pepper & onions, sliced onions as well & salt to taste.
- Now add little of chicken stock, 1 cooking spoon of edikaikong soup (already cooked), black pepper, curry & thyme. Check taste & add Maggi if necessary, then cover pot for 2mins.
- Now turn off heat & add grated carrot stir properly. Serve & enjoy.
Yam porridge pairs well with fish and meat. If you are not in Nigeria or another yam cultivating country, this dish will start with a trip to the African grocery store, they may or may rip you off with the. Yam porridge was one of the first Nigerian dishes I learnt to cook as a nine year old. I was told I Now thinking about it i am beginning to wonder if the rave about Chichi's yam porridge was truely based. Porridge yam if food to a Nigerian person.