Smoked green lentil soup. This healthy lentil soup recipe comes together quickly with pantry ingredients. Simple spices, fresh greens and a squeeze of lemon make it the best! My lentil soup is made with mostly pantry ingredients but includes hearty greens and a squeeze of lemon for bright, fresh flavor.
My mom makes one of my favorite lentil soups ever. It is Italian-icized (as is the case with most of my family's dishes) with the addition of leftover parmigiano-reggiano rinds in the. Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. You can have Smoked green lentil soup using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked green lentil soup
- It’s 1 of pd of dry green lentils.
- You need 6-8 cups of water.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- It’s 1 of medium onion minced.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots minced.
- It’s 1 of celery minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken bullion.
A well made Lentil Soup recipe is can't-stop-eating-it good. You'll go back for seconds and thirds, then you'll be taking big tubs of it to work for lunch and happily have it for dinner again. This lentils and sausage recipe is a classic example on how to cook lentils using De puy green lentils. https The two star ingredients in this easy lentil recipe are the world famous French green lentils (du Puy) combine Mushroom Velouté cream soup tutorial Learn to make all vegetable cream soups.
Smoked green lentil soup step by step
- Chop bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and saute until golden brown. Reserve 1/2 cup of onion from what you have already minced and set aside. Add remaining onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno to pot with bacon and grease and cook until translucent..
- Grind the half cup of onion and 4 garlic to make a paste and add it to vegetables, saute for another two minutes..
- Add water and seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes..
- Garnish with feta cheese, fresh tomatoes, peperoncini pepper and dill weed.
This easy lentil soup recipe is warming, healthy weeknight dinner! It comes together in just one pot and is full of deliciously spiced tomato flavor. Meet the BEST lentil soup recipe! Made with fire-roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, and curry powder, it's rich, nourishing, and absolutely delicious. This hearty lentil soup is made with smoked sausage, vegetables, tomatoes and lentils, all simmered in an herb broth.