spicy hot and sour soup. Retired Chef Cook Fai, again, demonstrate this classical favorite, easy to make, delicious soup, loaded with lot of black pepper. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal Traditional hot and sour soup is actually incredibly easy to make as well.
Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. Hot and sour soup is a soup from Asian culinary traditions. You can have spicy hot and sour soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of spicy hot and sour soup
- You need 8 cup of water.
- You need 8 each of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of shredded pork.
- It’s 1 can of julliened bamboo shoots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 8 oz of package baby portabella mushrooms.
- You need 2 of hot chili pepper with seeds, diced finely.
- It’s 8 oz of diced tofu or bean curd.
- It’s 3 of stalks green onion with tops finely chopped, reserved.
- It’s 5 tbsp of white rice vinegar.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of lightly beaten eggs, reserved.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch mixed in a half cup water, reserved.
In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. Soup preparation may use chicken or pork broth, or may be meat-free. This is a spicy, sour and hot vegetable soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. Come winters and we really look forward to having hot This soup recipe is aptly titled, hot and sour soup. the hot element comes from ingredients like chilies or black pepper.
spicy hot and sour soup instructions
- In large stock pot add the 8 cups of water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil until all bouillon cubes are dissolved..
- Add shredded pork, bamboo shoots, cabbage, mushrooms, hot chili peppers, and tofu..
- Boil 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms and cabbage are tender..
- Add white rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, white and black pepper..
- Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken and remove from heat..
- Pour beaten eggs in a slow stream while constantly stirring in one direction..
- Allow to sit 1-2 minutes, then stir in green onions..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
So either red chili paste or green. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot & Sour Soup that's tastier than your takeout Chinese restaurant can be made in a snap.