Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup. Kale sautéed with Italian sausage, onions, garlic and white beans. Quick and easy! "You've converted me into a kale lover," a friend declared after eating a hearty bowl of this kale with sausage. Sausage White Bean & Kale Soup.
Learn how to make Caldo Verde, an amazingly delicious Portuguese sausage, kale, and potato soup! This is comfort food at its finest. This Kale, Sausage and Potato Skillet Is All of the Things—but Most of All EASY. You can cook Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 bunch of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- You need of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- You need 6 cups of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
Loaded with curly kale, and fragrant with onion and garlic, our one-pan sausage and potato skillet recipe is both hearty. Arrange onions, sausage, and kale on a serving plate, and place potatoes on top of onions. Back to Sausage, Kale, and Potato Skillet Supper. The Cast of Characters: Breakfast sausage, crusty bread, eggs, half-and-half, kale, mushrooms, salt, pepper, Monterey Jack.
Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup instructions
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor. Reviews for: Photos of Sausage, Potato and Kale Soup. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Chop the sausages and toss with the flour, then add to the pan and cook until browned all over. This soup is packed with nutrition from all the kale and protein packed cannellini beans (and the remaining veggies of course), then I love the depth of flavor the sausage adds.